Is this workshop for me?
If you’re baffled or overwhelmed by the thought of an overlocker then this is the workshop for you. We’ll start at the very beginning to take you through the ins and outs of overlocking, demystifying threading and talking you through the tension dials and when and how to adjust your stitch settings.
What will this workshop cover?
- stitching with an overlocker, how to line the fabric up, where the knife will cut and how to start and finish your stitches
- how to adjust your tension to get the right balance for your fabric
- adjusting your stitch length as well as adjusting the differential feed to get the perfect stitch for your project
- activating and deactivating the knife, plus adjusting the cutting width and when this may be needed
- how to thread an overlocker – once you’ve mastered this there will be no stopping you, we’ll show you how to re-thread properly but then also a quick method!
- when and how you’d use a 3 or 4 thread overlock stitch
- looking at how to create different stitch finishes such as narrow hem, rolled hem, decorative stitches and gathering
- overlocking a range of fabric types with plenty of time to practise and play!
This workshop is your opportunity to really get to grips with an overlocker, with the opportunity to ask questions, build confidence and just have a good play under the watchful eye of your tutor Amy.
What's included in this workshop?
Most importantly tea, coffee and cake! There will be a small break to refuel with a piece of cake, if you have any dietary requirements then please let us know.
Sample cards – for you to attach samples of your overlocking, plus any notes of the machine or stitch set-up, to take home as a reference for you.
10% OFF any sewing treats you'd like to buy on the day (excluding workshops and sewing machines).
Use of our Janome Overlocker Machines
Your own sewing kit to use on the day plus any threads required.
What do I need to bring with me?
You just need to come as you are, we’ll provide everything you’ll need for this workshop.
How long is this workshop?
How many people will be in this workshop?
We run our workshops for just 4 people, meaning that you're able to get the hands on support you need, whilst also sharing in the experience and picking up hints, tips and inspiration from others.
Please read our booking and cancellation policy just here. By booking on to a workshop you're agreeing to the terms of these policies.
If the date you'd like to attend is fully booked then please email email@example.com and we can add you to our waiting list.